Monday 7 March 2016

Mahamagam- 2016- Part II



It was the d-day.   MahAmagam day.   We got up early at 4 AM and wanted to have a holy dip in mahAmagam tank.  We were afraid of crowd during the peak hours  (9 AM to 2 PM)  so wanted to finish it off early.

The previous day experience, wherein we walked all the way from  Soliappan street to mahAmagam tank, was expected today also,  but fortunately, we got an auto to go somewhere nearer to tank.

Myself, my wife and few relatives had a holy dip on that day.  This was what I yearned for in my life.  When one gets older, he repents the important functions, he missed during his early days.  In my life, I missed two mahAmagams, first one being one month after my marriage, the second one being the day when I was in dubai.

Also, the same way, I missed so many uRiyadi’s in our varagUr.

Coming back, after that I could not go to tank as it was heavily crowded.  We were glued to TV to see the programme Live.

We also planned to visit Bhakthapuri Street to get blessed from those Vedic Dikshitars, who is conducting Isti/AupAsanam.  

Sadhguru katAksham, again, favoured us.  When we went to meet the vEda pandithAs, they had left for mahAmagam tank.  We were bit upset that we could not get the blessings of the vEda purushAs.
Near bhakta puri street, we heard “sArangapAni”- tEErthavAri.    Bringing the idol into cauvEri for bathing.  It was an even to be seen.   Myself and my wife rushed to see that event.  Again, heavy crowd and  you have to stand in the cauveri  (middle of Cauvery) to have the darshan of “hold bath of God”.  As we were not in the “bathing dress”, bit reluctant to go in to the river.
When we took a turn and decided to return our house, there is a bit of confusion and suddenly one van halted near the ashram. We could see “bAla periavAl” coming out of the van and on the way to witness the ‘Abhishekam” he stood for sometime and give darshan to bhaktAs.

How fortunate are we ? as we wanted to see the vEdha pandithAs, we could see the vEdha personified, Holiness BALA periavAl.

We returned to Trichy in the evening en route to Chennai.

Another interesting thing, myself and my wife could get confirmed reservation.  Normally, this does not happen and I need to face the wrath of my wife to make her sleepless in train.

Thank God. 

One of my holy mission in my life was to have the holy dip in mahAmagam 2016.  I could make it possible because of Sadhguru, my parents, my in laws.   Above all, my wife.  She was adamant to go at any cost to have the holy dip.

Thanks to her.

SadhgurubhyO Namaha….

No comments: