Tuesday 29 March 2016

Anusham-28.3.16 – MahAperiavA- Memorable Experience



At the very outset, I prostrate before each and every “AnushA” pooja bhakthAs in Mylapore.  In front of them, I don’t even exist.  Their dedication in this pooja is unbelievable.

This article is written not to boast my bhakthi.  But one day my children will read this that would help uplift their spiritual life.  At this young age, they don’t appreciate this even if they read.

MS Amma sings a song on mahA periAva, written by PeriasAmy tooran.  “Ennaiyum kAnchi muni Atkondadhen solvEn”…. Beautiful kriti on sahAnA.  It was such an experience for me.

Guru KatAksham is supreme.  It is an experience.  Sometimes, I feel that reaching Sadhguru is very easy.  Sarva sulabhan. Sri.Subramanya Deekshitar always conveys in his spiritual discourse that “Vaikuntam pOvadhu mannavan veedhi which means to reach vaikuntam is very easy like travelling in a free road sans traffic. . When a Raja or Chief Minister comes, the entire stretch of the road will be traffic free and police will be watching to see that happens.

I got a mail last month about Anusham day, being performed at Mylapore.  I knew that this has been performed every month as I had seen many times MahA periavA’s portrait was taken as procession around Mylapore mAda vEEdhis. 

I could not attend the programme as my office timings are erratic and I reach home at 9.30 PM every day. But the poojA was in back of my mind.

When I was working in Dubai, I attended many Anusha pooja functions at Deira.  It was so memorable and my wife prepared prasAdhams for the function.  Vishnu Sahasranamam, Guru Stotram, Rudram, chamakam and it was so spiritual and it was again PeriavA’s blessings I could get to attend that pooja.

Having come to Chennai, I confined to Nitya pooja and with my office timings, I don’t have a chance to attend outside programmes.. 

Yesterday also, I performed my usual shiva pooja followed by periavA astothram followed by swasthi vAchanam-guru vandhanam.….

I stored the number from my last month’s mail and promptly  called yesterday to know about the Pooja. Smt. Mangalam picked up the phone and answered that Anusham is being performed every month and asked me to join and gave the address too.

It was year end for me in my office and as a Finance head it was not easy for me to leave at 5 PM.  So, I thought of dropping the idea of going to the pooja and as usual left my office at 8 PM.

I purchased “malligai poo mAlai” at Broadway, near my office for my next day’s pooja and kept in my bag.  I reached Mylapore at about 8.45 PM.  When I crossed North Mada street, I could see the “Swami purappAdu” about to finish and the portrait was about to be taken inside after the procession. NAdhaswaram playing melodiously, I crossed further to buy “udhiri pushpam” for my next day’s pooja (opposite to ambika appalam)  I don’t get “udhiri”  in Broadway, near my office.  This, I kept below the seat of my two wheeler.

When I was about to go further, I thought for a while to see the “Karpoora Arthi”.  I was reluctant initially because of my dress code (pants,shirts, shocks & shoes) and felt bad to stand among “Pancha khachcham glad bhakthAs”.   Neverthless, I thought, at least, to have a darshan.

As I parked the two wheeler and went inside, the mahA aarthi was being performed with “getti mElam” marking the end of the programme.  I was so happy to see the arthi, at least.
After that, one person next to me gave a packet of “thoduttha poo” and some flowers it was promptly accepted and then that happened..

Someone looked at me and I immediately thought of the “thodutha poo” in my bag and  took it and gave it to him. It was so perfectly  put as a “mAlA” (over his head as a ^ shape) for Sri.JayEndra sarawathi swAmiji and bAla periaVa.  The middle portion  on the “pAdAravindham” of Sri. mahA periAva.

All of a sudden it happened. It was so beautiful and I could not control my tears. Why I purchased “thodutha poo” at Broadway and why I carried here ?   MahAperiAva, saranAgatha vatsalan, just like that acknowledged my small offerings…in a second.  As I felt bad, for not attending this pooja (in my office), was heard by Him and here He responded promptly !!!

I neither had proper clothes not had a state of mind to attend such a function full of vEdha purushAs. But still periAvA took my small offerings  which was amazing.

After the portrait was taken inside, all the ‘upachArams” were performed.  kapAli kriti in mOhanam made the atmosphere more serene.  All the  vEdha pandithAs chanting Chatur vEdhAs, dEvArams etc … It was so lively and no words would be enough to express the experience.

Today I called the number again and the person who took the phone was Shri.Ganesha Sharma. I narrated my experience yesterday and he confirmed that it was he who garlanded the periavA’s portrait with my “pushpa mAlai”.  He asked me to come home any time.

 Why I got this Anusha pooja mail last month ?
 Why I carried only the "pushpa mAlai" in my bag ? (to promptly give)
 Why I reached in time to see the mahA arthi ?
 Why I the Garland perfectly fit for all the three seers ?
 Why He is prompting me to write this ?

Any one knows ?!!!!
 
I credit this to my parents and my Kula deivam “Varagoor perumAl”.  My parents imbibed bhakthi in me and my PerumAl is in my life system.

mahAperiAvA  saraNam.. saraNam….Anandha kOti namaskArangal.  to shOwer his blessings to me also.

SahAna kriti pallavi goes like this….
“enna perum tavam yAn seidhadhariyEnE…
Enniyum kAnchi muni Atkondathen solvEn”
                                                              
                                           

No comments: