Friday 29 May 2015

True Story of a Proud Father

  25th May 2015 day was a memorable day in my life.
Yes, my daughter scored 475/500 in her, recently conducted, CBSE +2 Examination.  She also stood school first, in Commerce stream, adding pride to Sir Sivasamy kalalaya, Mylapore. She scored 98 Marks in Economics attracting the attention of CBSE Board, per se.
Accolades pouring to her from all quarters and my parents are ecstatic. Mylapore times, a local weekly newspaper calling me for a telephonic interview. 
Sitting back and rewind my life as a proud father, to count the laureates in my family, my mother was an excellent student in Semmangudi High school, Sembangudi, a small place near Tiruvarur, Tamil Nadu.  She was school first in 10th and won first price on many competitions.  In fact, in postal Department, where she worked, she got “dAk sEvA” award, an award given by Union Govt for the best staff in Postal dept.
After that my maternal uncle was also first in all the classes and pursued Mechanical Engineering and presently working as Vice president.

My father was  another star in his college and excelled in M.A.B.Ed but he was also  the best teacher in his college life retiring as vice principal.   His post 50’s tilted him to a more spiritual person, leading a team of 70 Iyappa samis every year to sabarimalai and half the Trichy knows him for his kind words and grace.

Me, being a Commerce graduate pursued Chartered Accountancy with great difficulty.  Also cleared Cost accountancy, I vowed not to ask even my enemy to join Chartered Accountancy.

Destiny has its own smile as my daughter has stood first in Accountancy stream and she wants to pursue Chartered Accountancy.

Let varagoor Perumal give her enough strength to pursue professional course and come out with flying colors.

I attribute her success because of the following:

Varagur perumal’s blessings.  She rendered Tarangams for an hour during last Tarangini Utsavam.  Renders at home whenever she is free. As she is learning music, it is easy for her to make it daily.

 My parents blessings.  I imbibed the “Bhakthi”, if I have any,  from my mother and my father.  Their dedication to varagur perumal and efforts to, always, try to do good work which adds value  to the next generation.  I could tell so many examples like Radha Kalyanam (30 years continuously done every year), Suamangali Prarthanai etc and saptAgam etc.,

My mother pained herself so much by fasting or physically helping others for the welfare of her kids.  Rarely do you see mothers who want to do so many “spiritual activities” at home notwithstanding her age and lack of support from others.  She is truly a odd woman out.

My wife, Smt Meenakshi.  Her love to Varshini is unusual.  Being housewife, not even single day, her daughter is allowed to take outside food. As parents love for outing and food at hotels, it is not so in our house.  Weekly oil bath and nutritious food, fruit juices are part of the food culture, she developed.  She firmly believed good food culture develops good human being.

 My daughter is very soft spoken and loved by all teachers.  Her music is another factor which develops her in to a well mannered girl.

  I did not get her any “Apps” till today, except a simple mobile to communicate her. I have to thank my daughter for not insisting on this. This is the virus which kills today’s youngsters.  Thank God my daughter did not fall victim to this.

 Kanchi seer’s visit to Chennai and my daughter had been there many times to have darshan.  What else a human being wants more than sadhguru’s krupa ?

My son (Vignesh) also a kalalayan who did his 10th in CBSE and +2 in Sivaswamy state Board.  He also emerged as the best student, if not first and cleared his B.tech and presently working in Fresh desk.

I have to thank the school Principal, Vice-Principal and all teachers for making my daughter as she is today.

I cannot repay this debt.  I can only pray to my varagUr perumal to give all the teachers a longer life and make them happier as ever.

A big “Thank you” to all  teachers for making me proud. 





No comments: